Containing a History of the State of Nebraska Embracing an account of Early Explorations, Early Settlement, Indian Occupancy, Indian History and Traditions; Territorial and State Organization; a Review of the Political History; and a Concise History of the Growth and Development of the State.
Compendium of Reminiscence and Biography containing Biographical Sketches of Hundreds of Prominent Old Settlers and Representative Citizens Of Nebraska.
With a review of their life work; their identity with the growth and development of the State; Reminiscences of Personal History and Pioneer Life, and other interesting and valuable matter which should be preserved in history.
- Natural Resources
- Soil, Agriculture and Stock Raising
- Irrigation in Nebraska
- Early Explorations and History
- Treaty of Cession between the United States of America and the French Republic
- Lewis and Clark Expedition
- Otoes, A Powerful Nation
- Expeditions to the new Territory of Louisiana
- Manuel Lisa
- American Fur Company
- Major Stephen H. Long
- Colonel John C. Fremont
- Nebraska Highway to the West
- Nebraska Becomes a Territory
- Nebraska Territorial Organization
- State Organization
- Territorial Officers
- State Officers
- Legislative and Official Roster
- State Societies, Institutions
- Railroad Building in Nebraska
- Locust or Grasshoppers
- Public Lands
- Educational Institutions
- Reminiscence and Biography of Nebraska
Source: Compendium of History Reminiscence and Biography of Nebraska; Chicago: Alden Publishing Company, 1912.