Williams

Levi Briggs and Lilly Marte were married in Frenchtown, Nebraska on July 2, 1886

History of the Towns in Antelope County Nebraska

Burnett The town of Burnett is located on the line between Antelope and Madison Counties. The most of the town and the railroad station are in Antelope. The town was named in honor of Mr. Burnett, first Superintendent of the Sioux City & Pacific Railroad. A. M. Burnham was the first settler, and opened the first store in March 1880. F. Dilts came here in October 1880, and William Childers, V. B. Lewis and James Childers in 1881. April 1, 1882, Burnett contained forty inhabitants. It is pleasantly situated in the Elkhorn Valley, a short distance south of the river, …

History of the Towns in Antelope County Nebraska Read More »

1885 Map of St. Edwards, Nebraska

History of St. Edwards, Nebraska

This enterprising village was first laid out and recorded in 1871 by the Cedar Rapids Land and Emigration Company. Settlement had been made before this in the vicinity. As has already been stated, Ed Dwyer, after leaving the early settlers of Albion in their cabin, went down the Beaver Valley to the Indian Reservation. He soon came back, bringing with him A. W. Dyer and a Mr. Graves, who did not remain long. Dwyer took his claim about a mile north of town and Dyer about five miles north of him, at what was known as Boone Post Office. This …

History of St. Edwards, Nebraska Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top