McGee

Antelope County, Nebraska Organization

In the year 1871, the State Legislature passed a law bounding Antelope County as follows: “Commencing at the southwest corner of Township 23 north, of Range 8 west; thence east to the southeast corner of Township 23 north, of Range 5 west; thence north to the northeast corner of Township 28 north, of Range 5 west; thence west to the northwest corner of Township 28 north, of Range 8 west; thence south to the place of beginning.” These boundaries have not been changed. At the time of the passage of the above act, Hon. Leander Gerrard was a member of …

Antelope County, Nebraska Organization Read More »

Levi Briggs and Lilly Marte were married in Frenchtown, Nebraska on July 2, 1886

History of the Towns in Antelope County Nebraska

Burnett The town of Burnett is located on the line between Antelope and Madison Counties. The most of the town and the railroad station are in Antelope. The town was named in honor of Mr. Burnett, first Superintendent of the Sioux City & Pacific Railroad. A. M. Burnham was the first settler, and opened the first store in March 1880. F. Dilts came here in October 1880, and William Childers, V. B. Lewis and James Childers in 1881. April 1, 1882, Burnett contained forty inhabitants. It is pleasantly situated in the Elkhorn Valley, a short distance south of the river, …

History of the Towns in Antelope County Nebraska Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top