Griffiths

CB and Q Depot in Brunswick Nebraska, 1969

History of Antelope County, Nebraska

Burlington & Missouri River Railroad Lands In 1860, the United States made land grants to the U. P. R. R. and the B. & M. R. R., giving them every odd-numbered section within twenty miles each way from the central lines of their respective roads when located. It came to pass after the lines were …

History of Antelope County, Nebraska Read More »

Neligh Mill

History of Neligh Nebraska

The town of Neligh is situated on the north bank of the Elkhorn River, on a small plateau or tableland, from which there are slight descents to the east and west, and considerably more descent to the south. To the north as a background are the hills, which limit the Elkhorn Valley, rising to a …

History of Neligh Nebraska Read More »

Levi Briggs and Lilly Marte were married in Frenchtown, Nebraska on July 2, 1886

History of the Towns in Antelope County Nebraska

Burnett The town of Burnett is located on the line between Antelope and Madison Counties. The most of the town and the railroad station are in Antelope. The town was named in honor of Mr. Burnett, first Superintendent of the Sioux City & Pacific Railroad. A. M. Burnham was the first settler, and opened the …

History of the Towns in Antelope County Nebraska Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top