Graves

Neligh Mill

History of Neligh Nebraska

The town of Neligh is situated on the north bank of the Elkhorn River, on a small plateau or tableland, from which there are slight descents to the east and west, and considerably more descent to the south. To the north as a background are the hills, which limit the Elkhorn Valley, rising to a height of fifty or sixty feet. The land of which the town site of Neligh forms part, was originally granted to Nebraska by the United States Government. Subsequently, the Omaha & Northwestern Railroad Company received it as a portion of its grant of 50,000 acres …

History of Neligh Nebraska Read More »

1885 Map of St. Edwards, Nebraska

History of St. Edwards, Nebraska

This enterprising village was first laid out and recorded in 1871 by the Cedar Rapids Land and Emigration Company. Settlement had been made before this in the vicinity. As has already been stated, Ed Dwyer, after leaving the early settlers of Albion in their cabin, went down the Beaver Valley to the Indian Reservation. He soon came back, bringing with him A. W. Dyer and a Mr. Graves, who did not remain long. Dwyer took his claim about a mile north of town and Dyer about five miles north of him, at what was known as Boone Post Office. This …

History of St. Edwards, Nebraska Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top