Case

Fourth Street, Albion, Nebraska

History of Albion Nebraska

The early history of Albion and the county are closely connected. As has been shown, the first settlements in the county were made on the town site, and since that time it has continued to be the center of trade. It was platted October 9, 1872; by Loran Clark and surveyed by George W. Newberry. The land platted was located on the northwest quarter of Section 22, Township 20 north, of Range 6 west. July 6, 1877, Mansfield‘s Addition was recorded, and, on the 5th of December, of the same year, Clark‘s Addition was made. In 1879, Clark, Connelly & …

History of Albion Nebraska Read More »

1885 Map of St. Edwards, Nebraska

History of St. Edwards, Nebraska

This enterprising village was first laid out and recorded in 1871 by the Cedar Rapids Land and Emigration Company. Settlement had been made before this in the vicinity. As has already been stated, Ed Dwyer, after leaving the early settlers of Albion in their cabin, went down the Beaver Valley to the Indian Reservation. He soon came back, bringing with him A. W. Dyer and a Mr. Graves, who did not remain long. Dwyer took his claim about a mile north of town and Dyer about five miles north of him, at what was known as Boone Post Office. This …

History of St. Edwards, Nebraska Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top